|Lib-Con Program Guides|
Lib-Con 2014 is only a month away, and this is an exciting new program at your Abilene Public Library designed for all who love comics, superheros, anime, manga, and more. Staff has been working tirelessly to put this event together and offer a week chocked full of FREE programs and activities running from April 28 through May 3.
By the time you read this, all library locations will have program guides available for you to receive a full lineup of all the activities planned. Additionally, for those who love to cosplay (performance art where participants create costumes of characters from movies, books, or video games), a rules and registration form will be provided as well.
From craft sessions to martial arts instruction, from gaming days to guest lectures, there is something for everyone so be sure to head out to your nearest Abilene Public Library branch and pick up your Lib-Con 2014 Program Guide. Here's a brief rundown of all the activities planned, and more detailed information can be found in the guide.
- Build a Button Workshop (South Branch), Apr. 28 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Cosplay Construction Q&A (Main Library), Apr. 29 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Tabletop Gaming (Main Library), Apr. 30 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Mastering the Martial Arts (Mockingbird Branch), May 1 @ 3:30 p.m.
- The Colorful Comics of Chris Summers (Main Library), May 1 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Nerdtastic Trivia (Main Library), May 2 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Free Comic Book Day @ All Locations, May 3
- Make & Take Crafts: Superhero Masks (Main Library), May 3 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Pop-Culture Pictionary (Main Library), May 3 @ 11:30 a.m.
- Be a Hero in Your Community: Donate Blood (Mockingbird Branch), May 3 @ Noon
- Cosplay Runway Contest (Main Library), May 3 @ 3:00 p.m.
As you can see, there will be a TON of activities hosted at your Abilene Public Library during our first annual Lib-Con event. Remember, all activities are free and if you want a detailed lineup of all activities planned, stop by your nearest library branch and pick up our Lib-Con 2014 Program Guide. Don't let these activities pass you by!
For more information, feel free to Contact Me (Tremain Jackson, South Branch Manager) and I'll be more than happy to assist you.