Abilene Public Library is ready to help make the filing process a breeze with the annual Free Tax Assistance program. Running Feb. 3 through Apr. 15, the community will have the chance to e-File their taxes for free with the help of IRS-trained volunteers with the AARP. Four sessions will be hosted each week across the Main Library and Mockingbird Branch at the following schedule:
Main Library Free Tax Assistance Hours
202 Cedar St.
Wednesdays & Thursdays
10:00AM to 3:00PM
Mockingbird Branch Free Tax Assistance Hours
1326 N. Mockingbird Ln.
Fridays & Saturdays
10:00AM to 3:00PM
To participate, visit the location and time that best suits your schedule and bring your tax materials with you including your Photo ID, Social Security Card, W-2's, etc. Guests will be helped on a first-come, first-served basis (no appointments) and you will be led through the entire process of e-Filing your taxes, start to finish.
If you wish to file your taxes yourself, forms may be printed out at your library at a cost of $0.15 per page, or accessed remotely from home by visiting the IRS Website. If you would like to receive copies of forms and publications from the IRS, you do have the opportunity to order tax forms, instructions & booklets, and publications online. Click Here to learn how.
Below are links to the most requested forms online that you may access, download, and print out for use.
- Form 1040: US Individual Income Tax Return | Instructions
- Form 1040A: US Individual Income Tax Return | Instructions
- Form 1040-EZ: Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with No Dependents | Instructions
- Schedule A (Form 1040): Itemized Deductions | Instructions
- Schedule B (Form 941): Report of Tax Liability for Semiweekly Schedule Depositors | Instructions
- Schedule C: Profit or Loss from Business
- Schedule D: Capital Gains and Losses
- Schedule EIC: Earned Income Credits
- Schedule SE: Self-Employment Tax | Instructions
- Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax
- Form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
- Form W-4: Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
- Form 9465: Installment Agreement Request | Instructions
- Form 8962: Premium Tax Credit (PTC) | Instructions