Do you have a group that's interested in learning more about your local library branches? If so, you're in luck. Did you know all Abilene Public Library locations offer tours of our facilities and services? Staff has worked with a variety of organizations over the years including school groups, Boy & Girl Scout troops, civic groups, businesses, and more to help you understand the benefits of your local library, as well as become acclimated to the facility and its holdings.
Tours are scheduled upon request by contacting the location of your choosing. Each facility has its own flavor for what makes them unique, but information on library services, as well as how the library works, will be similar across the board.
Did you know the following about your library?
- Study rooms are available for public use across select branches.
- Spanish-language books and movies are available for checkout at select branches.
- Meeting/Activity rooms are available for public use for meetings and programs.
- All programming is available to the public free of charge.
- Library cards afford you with access to a great selection of digital services for downloading eBooks, audiobooks, music, movies, and more.
- Computers and Internet use is available at no charge (with the exception of printing charges).
- Notaries are available, at no charge, at all locations.
- Students are able to have test proctored at the library at no charge.
If you didn't know about one or more of the items mentioned above, these are just a few of the many things you could learn while on a tour at your library. If interested in doing so, call the location you'd wish for your group to see (i.e. Main Library at 325-677-2474, South Branch Library at 325-698-7565, or Mockingbird Branch Library at 325-437-7323) and staff will put you in touch with a library employee to setup a time to come in.
Don't miss your chance to make the most of what your local library has to offer.