As busy as we all may be, you might want to take some time to just "chillax" and your library has a host of great programming opportunities to keep you occupied and having fun. One of those opportunities would happen to be our lineup of holiday movies that will be available for viewing across all library locations. Great for the entire family to enjoy, take a look at the free holiday flicks being hosted at your library:
- "Mickey's Christmas Carol" on Monday, December 3 at 5:00PM, South Branch Library | Summary: It's the same old classic Charles Dickens story with an all star Disney cast. Uncle Scrooge McDuck is appropriately enough cast as Scrooge and is visited by his dead partner and three spirits one night to remember the joys of Christmas.
- "Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas" on Saturday, December 8 at 2:30PM, Mockingbird Branch Library | Summary: Belle prepares the castle for Christmas against Beast's wishes, trying to bring him happiness for the season. Forte, a pipe organ, fears that Belle's plans may eventually bring about an end to the curse...the curse that brought him more importance in the Master's life. Forte uses Fife, a flute who desperately wants a solo, to destroy Belle's plans and get rid of her.
- "Disney's A Christmas Carol" on Saturday, December 15 at 3:00PM, Main Library | Summary: Ebenezer Scrooge is awakened on Christmas Eve by spirits who reveal to him his own miserable existence, what opportunities he wasted in his youth, his current cruelties, and the dire fate that awaits him if he does not change his ways. Scrooge is faced with his own story of growing bitterness and meanness and must decide what his own future will hold: death or redemption.
- "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on Friday, December 21 at 10:45AM, South Branch Library | Summary: Bitter and hateful, the Grinch is irritated at the thought of the nearby village having a happy time celebrating Christmas. So, disguised as Santa Clause, with his dog made to look like a reindeer, he raids the village to steal all the Christmas things. The village is sure to have a sad Christmas this year.
- "Rise of the Guardians" on Saturday, December 22 at 10:30AM, South Branch Library | Summary: When an evil spirit known as Pitch lays down the gauntlet to take over the world, the immortal Guardians must join forces for the first time to protect the hopes, beliefs, and imaginations of children all over the world.
- "The Muppet Christmas Carol" on Saturday, December 22 at 2:30PM, Mockingbird Branch Library | Summary: A retelling of the classic Dickens tale of Ebenezer Scrooge, miser extraordinaire. He is held accountable for his dastardly ways during night-time visitations by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
All of these movies will be shown at your library free of charge, and the whole community is invited to come out and enjoy these holiday flicks with us. Light snacks will be served at each event, or feel free to bring in your own as long as it stays in the room we're showing the movie. Each will be perfect for allowing your family to take a break and still enjoy some holiday fun with your library.